The Big Time with Whitney Allen (The Big Time Saturday Night), its subsidiaries and affiliated stations (together, “The Big Time”), conducts its contests as described in the following contest rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Big Time conducts contests concurrently and simultaneously on several participating radio stations in various states.
1. PRIZE(S) - The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes will be sent to winners unless otherwise stated. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If a winner fails to adhere to rules in a dated prize in time to redeem the benefit, the winner forfeits the prize and no other prize will be awarded in its place. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, The Big Time reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
Prize winners must execute and return the acceptance of rules and regulations form, a W-9, social security number, valid driver's license (where applicable) and any additionally required forms before a prize may be mailed or fulfilled. If a prize is mailed to a winner at their request, the winner understands that The Big Time will mail out prizes via U.S. Postal Service and is not responsible for lost, stolen, or misdirected mail, and that the prize may not be replaced if it is not received by the winner.
Winners agree to accept all blackout dates, space availability requirements, etc. established by The Big Time’s prize partner(s), such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, etc. Winners agree that acceptance of any trip taken as a prize from The Big Time does so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility. If the trip requires traveling outside the United States, the winner, upon winning the prize, must have a valid US passport. If the winner does not have a valid US passport upon winning the prize, the trip may be forfeited. If concerts or other ticketed events have been awarded as a prize and the concert or event is postponed, rained out, canceled, or for other reasons beyond our control does not occur, The Big Time will not be responsible for replacing the prize.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS – Decisions of The Big Time with respect to a contest are final. Winner need not listen or be present to win, if applicable. If winner(s) cannot be contacted an alternate winner may be selected, unless otherwise specified.
3. ELIGIBILITY/LIMITATIONS – Contests are open to all listeners who are requisite age (contest specific) or older. Employees of The Big Time, their affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners and the members of their immediate family are not eligible to win.
Unless otherwise stated in the official contest rules, only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for any thirty (30) day period. If the contest involves listener participation by voting for a contest on the website, voting may be limited to one vote per person, per verifiable e-mail address unless otherwise specified in the contest rules. If we receive multiple and/or irregular votes from the same user or users, regardless of the source, The Big Time reserves the right to disqualify the contestant in its sole discretion. The term “household” includes winners who share information (last name, address, phone and cell phone numbers). The “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. TELEPHONE DISCLAIMER - If a contest is a call in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants using equipment not set up for toll free phone exchanges (800, 888, 877, 866, etc.) may experience call connection problems. The Big Time disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond The Big Time’s control, or otherwise. For all contests The Big Time disclaims all liability for any delays, miss-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Big Time is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in a contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the contest. Contests requiring a text (for entry or contest information) to The Big Time’s short code, entrant understands and accepts that standard text rates apply.
5. PUBLICITY AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION - By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant The Big Time exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in a contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that The Big Time may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
6. RELEASE - By participating in a contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against The Big Time, its employees and agents, the contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive some prizes, participants must fully execute and return all requested information and any additionally required forms before a prize may be released by The Big Time.
7. TAXES - Any valuation of a prize(s) is based on available information provided to The Big Time, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which is not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide The Big Time with government-issued valid photo identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded.
8. CONDUCT AND DECISIONS - By participating in contests, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of The Big Time personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in contests, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Big Time will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the contest and The Big Time’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of a contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of The Big Time, The Big Time reserves the right to terminate this contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as The Big Time deems appropriate. All decisions made by The Big Time are final. The Big Time may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of a contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, The Big Time reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Winners must use their true, legal name (as it appears on their government issued ID and Social Security Card) when playing contests or claiming prizes and may not win any contest under an assumed name. Winner will be disqualified and prize(s) forfeited if they are found playing under an assumed name or alias.
9. MISCELLANEOUS - Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary; purchase does not increase odds of winning. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility to claim the prize. The Big Time may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue a contest at any time as announced on its affiliated Station(s).
The Big Time disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of a contest. Failure to comply with contest rules my result in a contestant’s disqualification at the sole discretion of The Big Time.
The Big Time is not responsible for providing handicap accessibility for winners at any venue or event location for which tickets are awarded or The Big Time is promotionally involved with. Audience accessibility is the responsibility of the event or venue.